Display the notes with csdb

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Boni

Display the notes with csdb

Post by Boni »

Hello everybody ! I would like to know how to display the notes with csdb. With text files, I could use the TextView tool to display the contents of the CSNOT file, but with csdb files, how do I do this?
I tried with the Getnote () function, it doesn't work
Sincerely yours !
Gregory Martin

Re: Display the notes with csdb

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can use Data Viewer to export the notes to another CSPro data file, at which point you can view them. See here: https://www.csprousers.org/help/DataVie ... rmats.html
By selecting Notes from the File / Save As menu, you can extract a data file's notes. Based on the file name you provide, Data Viewer will create a data file consisting of the notes as well as a dictionary that can read the notes data.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you Dear Gregory!
It work well, but I can not convert a text file to a cspro db file. When I save the text file as CSPro DB file (with the extension "CSDB"), to open it, I select the corresponding dictionary, I receive an error message. Convert from a cspro db file to a text file, there is already good.
I would olso like to know how to program this conversion automatically, that is to say from the logics?
Attachments
err opening data file.PNG
err opening data file.PNG (17.13 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Not sure if you are simply changing the extension to CSDB and then trying to open it. This won't work. To convert a text (dat) file to csdb, open the text file in data viewer, point to the dictionary, and then save as - data.

To automate the process you can create an empty batch application. The input data is the text and the output is CSDB. Run it and you'll have converted the file. Run the PFF when needed.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you Dear Aaronw! It works well.I've been trying once to convert my text files into CSDB on CSentry with the Writecase () function, it was really slow and it was still not effective. With Batch Edit, it works very well, really thanks. Damage that Edit Batch is not walking on Android.
I can now automatically convert a text file in CSDB and Vice versa, but I still do not know how export the notes from CSDB file in CSDB (especially it was my second question, in fact, I did not have been precise, sorry).

But good, as I can get a note file (.csnot) in text file from CSDB, I think it's already well
Thanks !!!!!
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Here's how I would export the notes:
  1. Open CSDB in Data Viewer
  2. File > Save as... > Notes
  3. Open the notes CSDB in Data Viewer
  4. Tools > Export Data
  5. Export the notes field