Data not saved in csdb file

Discussions about CSEntry
GuillaumeG

Data not saved in csdb file

Post by GuillaumeG »

Hello,
I have a problem with saving the data when I close a questionnaire.
It seems the data are not saved in the csdb file, except for the ID items. I have this problem with partial save and end-of-case save, on Android application (with different devices). However, it works well with CSEntry on Windows.
The problem does not come from the logic (I have tried to delete it).

The parameters (Data Entry options, etc.) seem to be the same than a previous questionnaire which is working.

Do you have any idea of the origin of the problem?

Regards,
Gregory Martin

Re: Data not saved in csdb file

Post by Gregory Martin »

We have not yet heard of this problem. What version of CSPro / CSEntry are you using? The CSPro DB file format changed in CSPro 7.4, so if the version of CSEntry on your tablet automatically updated, then your data file format may differ from the version you have on Windows. However, if that were the case, you would get an error message when trying to open the data file on Windows.

If you want, you can send us your data entry application and we can take a look.
GuillaumeG

Re: Data not saved in csdb file

Post by GuillaumeG »

I do not know if the problem was due to the update, but it works now.
I use CsPro 7.4 (both on computer and tablet/smartphone) but my data entry application was created on 7.3 (and then modified on 7.4).

I have created a new application on 7.4 (with my former .dcf, .fmf, etc.) and it is ok now.

Thank you !