Problems during updating the application

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
khurshid.arshad

Problems during updating the application

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear CSPro Team

Congratulations on successfully launched CSPro 7.4. :)

As I am using 7.4 on my ongoing project, I am facing problems during updating the application.

Specification information is for wamserver and csweb: Right now I have 5 Cswebs including Csweb 7.3.1 for my different projects.

I am using Csweb 7.3.1 with CSPro 7.4 and CSweb 7.1.2 for my other 4 projects in the same Wamserver.

When I install my survey application for the first time in CSPro 7.4, it works fine. But when I update the application, it gives error. The error screen attached.

The steps are as followings for update the application:
>>In Entry Applications>>menu icon>>Update Installed Applications.

Please advice.

Thanks.
a.
Attachments
IMG-20200507-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200507-WA0004.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
josh

Re: Problems during updating the application

Post by josh »

Please post the sync.log from the Android device. Also please look in the directory csweb/files/apps on the server and let us know what the file names of the files are in that directory.
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh

The details are as follows:

path "C:\wamp64\www\csweb7_3\files\apps\NSER_NR [zip folder]"

Thanks.
a.
Attachments
sync.log
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
josh

Post by josh »

Unfortunately that doesn't give us any additional info. Maybe the zip file is corrupt. What happens if you delete the file on the server and deploy it again?
josh

Post by josh »

You can also try to deploy to my test server and see if it works there. If it does that might help us diagnose the issue.

http://www.teleyah.com/csweb73/api
user: admin
password: adminadmin
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh

The zip file is not corrupt, when i remove my application folder from the table and install it again. it works.

The same error on your test server.

Thanks.
a.
josh

Post by josh »

I am able to reproduce the problem with your application. The issue is that your application package contains a lot of files (617 files to be exact). In order to support partial updates of app packages in CSPro 7.4, CSEntry sends the signatures of the files in the package as an http header so that CSWeb will only send back the files that have changed. In this case, that list of file signatures is so big that it is greater than the maximum header size allowed by the Apache server. The default max header is 8Kb. You can increase it by changing this settings in the Apache configuration http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mo ... tfieldsize. With your app the list of files is around 20Kb. If you can modify the Apache configuration try increasing it to 32Kb or more. If you cannot change the Apache configuration try combining the various PY files into a single csdb file instead of 600 separate files.

We will also revisit the design here to see if there is a way we can support packages with a very large number of files.
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh;

I have removed all files from 106_Ext_Data folder except "Version.txt"(2kb) file.

Now i am received another error. file is attached.

During Csweb setup my Path to files directory is "C:\wamp64\www\csweb7_3\files" instead of "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\csweb\files" .

Thanks.
a.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200509_153833_gov.census.cspro.csentry.jpg
Screenshot_20200509_153833_gov.census.cspro.csentry.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
josh

Post by josh »

I removed the same files from the app that you had uploaded to teleyah.com and did the update myself and it worked fine. You have to delete the old version from the phone/tablet first otherwise you will get the same error as before. If that doesn't work please send the sync.log. In general, if it is a sync problem we are always going to ask for the sync.log so send us that in addition to the error message.

That error could also happen if CSEntry is unable to overwrite one of the application files because it is locked or opened in another app. Try rebooting the device to make sure all files are closed.
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh

Please see sync and php.ini file.

thanks.
a.
Attachments
sync.log
(11.98 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
php.ini
(74.44 KiB) Downloaded 160 times