Duplicate Report

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Boni

Re: Duplicate Report

Post by Boni »

I am about to abandon text data files. For the project, I needed some data which are in text data files,While I could not take everything back, or convert all the files to CSDB. so I use them temporarily for testing.
Regarding PNC synchronization, I had no knowledge of synchronization with deployment on the server over the Internet, I just discovered it with Josh.

Thank very much !!!
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Makes sense. In CSPro 7.4 try the set access approach. I think it will work out well for you.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Boni wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:57 pm I am about to abandon text data files. For the project, I needed some data which are in text data files,While I could not take everything back, or convert all the files to CSDB. so I use them temporarily for testing.
Regarding PNC synchronization, I had no knowledge of synchronization with deployment on the server over the Internet, I just discovered it with Josh.

Thank very much !!!
I was wrong ☺
II was wrong just convert all of my texts in Encrypted CSPro DB, It's wonderful.

I have another question please :
How to Run CSIndex on mobile devise?

I have the function to run CSIndex to find out if there is a duplicate or not, before continuing, the function already works well on a computer. but don't work on my android.
on android, although there is a duplicate,the CSIndex report file is not produced.

I noticed for concatenation, CSDB concatenate the files despite they contain duplicates, so he takes one of the duplicate individuals, and ignore the other without knowing on logic it does it. Can you advise me please?

Thanks!!!!
Attachments
csindex.PNG
csindex.PNG (26.23 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

The CSIndex tool does not work on mobile, only on desktop. You could use setaccess as described earlier to get the duplicates. That will work on both mobile and desktop.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you dear Josh !
Sincerely yours !
Boni

Post by Boni »

Dear Josh !!
I read the CSPro Help Tool about Setaccess, I really do not understand anything.😭
I don't know how to use the SetAccess function to do what I want to do.
During data concatenation, in case of duplicates, csdb takes the first case encountered and ignores the second, without even signaling the presence of duplicate individuals.I would then use this function to identify duplicates during concatenation, then delete the wrong questionnaire if I wish, like I already do on PC with CSIndex.
Do you have an example or instructions to help me do this, please ?
sorry to come back with this story again ;)
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

If you are concatenating files then that will remove duplicates automatically. That is true even when you use the CSConcat tool with a csdb file. So if your workflow is to concatenate files together and then remove duplicates that will not work at all with csdb files. Doesn't matter if you are on desktop or mobile.

With csdb files and sync, I never use concatenate. I use one data file to store all the cases and I use syncdata() to transfer data from one tablet to another. When you use syncdata() you can end up with duplicates if two different interviewers enter the same case. For that you can use setaccess() to identify the duplicate cases. Back in CSPro 6.x where you had to PNC for file sync I would use a different data file name for each interviewer, transfer all the files and then concatenate them together but since CSPro 7.0 with the introduction of syncdata() that is no longer needed. You can just use a single data file name and syncdata() and you never need to concatenate.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thank you for your suggestions !! I would also try Syncdata () and see. But there is something that interests me particularly in your post: "For that you can use setaccess () to identify the duplicate cases.", That's exactly what I'm looking for ( how to use SetAccess () to identify duplicates?).I am not saying that I want to delete duplicates after concatenation, but rather identify them in the concatenation and then delete the questionnaire that must be before the concatenation. Otherwise I want to block the concatenation if there are duplicates

Well, I present to you my idea: the concatenation that I do at this level is not to have the final data file. This involves putting together the data from two or more households in order to highlight all the eligible individuals contained in these households, on a single tablet. this will allow the interviewer to have access to the identificate informations (which will be pre-loaded) of these individuals for the individual interview.

For example: Interviewer A collects data from household 1 which contains eligible individuals "a" and "b" to be interviewed by interviewer B in addition to individuals from his own households interviewed. For this, I proceed as follows: I put together all households interviewed by the interviewer and other households than the other interviewers shared with him, to generate a list of individuals eligible to interview.
In this case, if this interviewer has a household by mistake (which may be not filled, so that they do not have eligible, that I call bad household) with an identical identifier to another shared household,
By putting them together, CSDB could keep the bad household and ignore the true household.🙈
Thanks for your help
Sincerely yours !
josh

Post by josh »

You can use setacces() to see duplicate cases in a data file but that will only work once the duplicates are already in the same data file. Concatenate will not let you create a data file with duplicates. So if you use syncdata() then you would have the duplicates already in the same file and you could use setaccess().

I don't completely understand the scenario you describe with eligible individuals but I probably would not use concatenate at all. I would use an external dictionary that lists eligible individuals. Loop through the household data file(s) and fill in that external dictionary and use that to identify the individuals you want to follow up with.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Exactly, I use an external dictionary that browses through the household data file, lists eligible individuals, but I did not think it would work with loop through household data files.I used a single household data file (concatenate file) for that, now I will try with loop through as well as the SyncData () function and see if I can succeed in doing it
Thanks, Dear Josh
Sincerely yours !