Duplicate Report

Discussions about CSEntry
Boni

Duplicate Report

Post by Boni »

Good evening gentlemen !!

I wrote a function to run CSIndex to check thé duplicates questionnaires in the data, this function is already working.

I would like to know how to write a program on CSPro 7.4 that will use the report file produced by CSIndex (.lst) to display a report that clearly highlights the identification informations of the duplicate questionnaires, which can be clearly understood by anyone as in the file below (Image 1).

I’ve already seen almost all of the help material about writing reports on CSPro, I can’t

Otherwise, for a simple report based on the main data file, the problem does not arise. Thank you.
Attachments
Report to be produced
Report to be produced
Image 1 (Rapport_doublon_ind).PNG (9.94 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
Last edited by Boni on May 31st, 2020, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely yours !
josh

Re: Duplicate Report

Post by josh »

Using the output from CSIndex would be tricky - I suppose you fileread() to read in each line and parse it but that would be a lot of code.

In CSPro 7.4 you can use the set access statement (https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/s ... ement.html) to access only the duplicate cases. For example if you do:
set access(MY_DICT, CaseStatus.Duplicate);
then if you do a forcase on the dictionary you will only load the duplicate cases. So you could do something to generate the report:
forcase MY_DICT do
    filewrite
(REPORT_FILE, "%v %v %v %v", NUMERO_MENAGE, LIGNE, NOM, ENQUETEUR);
enddo;
Boni

Post by Boni »

I have a program with "FileRead" function which worked correctly on the previous versions with the "pnc files".

I noticed that the "Output" file of CSIndex on CSPro 7.4, is different from those of the previous versions.

I think that's my main problem

First: I write this program with the "Pnc files" on another application outside the Menu which works with version 7.3 but does not work with CSPro 7.4.

Secondly: I rewritten the program with "FileWrite" and then "File.Setproperty", by running from menu, it does not work. But when I run directly this exterior application, using the "CSIndex Output File" of CSPro 7.3.

Third: I rewritten the program directly into the Menu, again it works with the CSIndex 7.3 output file, but not with CSIndex 7.4 Output file.

I will send you the program, if possible with the applications. That's what I like a worries.

Thank you very much !!!
Last edited by Boni on May 31st, 2020, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

If you'd like us to take a look we'll need you to attach the project or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Hello Mister aaronw !

Sorry, I had abandoned the project by health problems and others reasons.I am now back on the project. I just sent you my applications with details.

Hoping your prompt reaction, thank you.
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I skimmed through our emails and I don't see anything from you. Try resending the project.
Boni

Post by Boni »

Dear aaronw ! I just sent it back to you. Thanks
Sincerely yours !
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Still didn't get it. My guess is one of our networks is blocking the email, because of the attachment. Try sending us an email without an attachment at cspro@lists.census.gov to verify that is the issue or not. In the meantime attach the project in the thread or in a private message.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

The index tool's behavior has changed in CSPro 7.4 and you have a couple options. I like Josh's suggestion if you want to move to CSPro 7.4. Alternatively, since you're using text data files and PNC synchronization you may consider sticking with an older version that works for you until you need and are ready to adapt the new features. What's your motivation for moving to CSPro 7.4?
Boni

Post by Boni »

Thanks !!!
I want to clarify first that it is not a project that is used on the field now. So it's not a hyper emergency. in addition, I work alternately on two versions if not three: CSPro 6.3, 7.3 and 7.4, In case I have to use my system on the field, I would work with an old version right now.

In fact there are my motivations for moving to CSPro 7.4:

1) I want to adept to new functionalities,
I don't always want to start working with version 6. while we are at version 7.4 :D with impressive features.

2) I want to use the latest features of CSPro like automatic updates and others

3) Particularly, my motivation is to be able to program the supression of duplicates with logics. To my knowledge, this is not possible with older versions,except perhaps to use an external program (while I am not very hard to do it). Recently, Mr. Josh told me that this would be possible to do it with version 7.4.
Sincerely yours !