"Data Entry has stopped working" error

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
tqtoan

"Data Entry has stopped working" error

Post by tqtoan »

Hi everyone,

I have build an application with CSpro version 7.3.0 that runs on Windows 10 pro.
The first running, I open "app_name.pff" file in app folder by CSEntry then exit it.
For the second, I reopen "app_name.pff" file appear "Data Entry has stopped working" error.

Can you help me for this problem.
Thanks !
aaronw

Re: "Data Entry has stopped working" error

Post by aaronw »

This is a general error message. My first question is whether you can consistently reproduce the issue. If so we'll want the application, so we can reproduce the issue.

We'll run the application twice as you have described, but if we can't reproduce the issue we won't be able to help. Include additional instructions if necessary. Finally, use the pack application tool (from tools menu) to create a zip file and attach it or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov.
xltt2020

Post by xltt2020 »

I created a pen file on Windows 10 64bit with CSPRO 7.3 software. But when deployed to run on Windows 10 or other Windows 7 SP1 desktops, it could not work.
The first running, I open "app_name.pff" file in app folder by CSEntry then exit it.
   However, when temview enters the faulty desktop and opens the source code and redo the pen file, it can run on the faulty machine. This is really inconvenient when we have to update the program.
However, on CSPRO version 7.1 we do not suffer from this situation. Only encountered this problem in version 7.3

Can you help me for this problem.
josh

Post by josh »

As Aaron suggested, please send the pen file that causes problems cspro@lists.census.gov