Question Text fills with dictionary item

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
chris.alan.clark

Question Text fills with dictionary item

Post by chris.alan.clark »

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can create a fill with a Dictionary item (one earlier in the data-entry flow) in my question text?

I have been able to do fills with %getocclabel% and with a global variable name, but I cannot get it to work with a dictionary item name. When I put "%dictItemName%" in my question text, it just shows up as %dictItemName% instead of inserting the value of dictItemName.

I have seen examples that pretty explicitly do this, but they are always within a multiply-occurring record - in my case the dictionary item I want to use is in the current record, and is a singly occurring item.

Any help appreciated.

Best,
Chris
Gregory Martin

Re: Question Text fills with dictionary item

Post by Gregory Martin »

This definitely works with singly occurring items, if they're on a form or even if they're not.

Generally the problem with fills is formatting accidentally introduced between the percent signs. For example, if you bold part of the text, but not the whole thing, the % replacement doesn't work properly.

I would suggest deleting whatever % fill you have and type it from scratch. Another idea is to type it in a text editor (CSPro's logic editor, Notepad, etc.), and then paste the fill in. That should paste the entire thing with the same formatting.

Let us know if that doesn't work.