Missing data in specific form and fields

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
khurshid.arshad

Missing data in specific form and fields

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear CSPro Team

I am currently using CSPro 7.1.3 for CAPI with CSWeb and MySQL. When I get data from the server, some fields are null, but the other hand data is in the tablets. Data is also not exist in MYSQL Such problems are in specific form and fields. This problem is only with some of the tablets and rest of the tablets are working fine. Application version is same in all the tablets.

Thanks.
a.
josh

Re: Missing data in specific form and fields

Post by josh »

Two possible causes I can think of:

1) Dictionary on the tablets is different from the version on the server so the data is on the server but when you download it doesn't match the dictionary start positions

2) Multiple tablets have sent the same case and the version with missing fields from another tablet has overwritten the data from the tablet without the missing fields. In that case, on the tablet that has the full case, open the case, modify the value of a field, go the to the next field and then go back to the modified field and set it back to it's original value. This will trick CSEntry into thinking you have changed the case even though you have not. Now sync again and it should send the complete version to the server.
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh;

Thank you for the prompt reply.

On those cases the data does not exist on the server as well.

I have 12 question in that section. The first three are fine and rest of the questions are blank. Even i don't have any logic on the rest of the 9 questions.

If I copy the data from the tablet to laptop and convert it in STATA then it is fine.

Thank you again.

a.
josh

Post by josh »

So if you modify and sync again do the missing questions get filled in on the server?
khurshid.arshad

Yes, after modify.

I have just modify one field only and get all the data in that specific id.

Thanks.
a.
josh

Post by josh »

In that case my guess is that when the case was first synced to the server the dictionary was different but when you modify it is getting uploaded correctly.