not able to modify/reopen from Menu

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Ali

not able to modify/reopen from Menu

Post by Ali »

Dears;
When I launch a household from the menu using the id of the household for the first time it opens the household application, but when I launch the same household from the menu for the second time it does not open and says duplicated ID. I added in the pff file of start mode the ID var 0f the HH. Any help?
Thanks
josh

Re: not able to modify/reopen from Menu

Post by josh »

Usually that means that means that the ID var in the startmode in the pff does not exactly match the id of household. Make sure that the length and zero fill are matched exactly. For example if you have "001" as the case id in the data file but you have "1" in the pff it will not match it correctly and you will get that error about duplicates.

If you are using version 7.3 then rather than using the startmode parameter you may want to look at using the "key" parameter in the pff file instead. It works like adding the id in the startmode but it also automatically fills in the id-variables on the form too. For some example code look at the "CAPI Census" example in the CSPro examples directory. In the menu program look at the function LaunchHouseholdProgram().
Ali

Re: not able to modify/reopen from Menu

Post by Ali »

Thanks Josh!