Can not display name in CAPI Question Using %%

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
munirmdee1

Can not display name in CAPI Question Using %%

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi All CSPro Users,

I have a problem with putting names in CAPI question.
In my application I have a Household Roster to which I enter all members of the particular Household. Question 1 asks line number, Question 2 asks member name, question 3 asks sex, question 4 ask age, and question 5 asks relationship to the head of the Household.

Now I want after entering name in question 2, the following questions should have the name of the member, like below;
Q004: How old is %Q002%? assuming Q002 is the variable holding member name, that is question number 2 in the roster asking member name.

I'm using this %Q002% so as to display a name of a member, but it does not display a name, it only dispaly %Q002% as it is.

Is anything wrong using %%? or is anywhere there is a setting for that? It does not work on my side here, although in previous versions I have been using this and it was working correctly, I'm using CSPro 7.2.

Help please.

Thanks in advance.
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
josh

Re: Can not display name in CAPI Question Using %%

Post by josh »

The most common cause of this error is formatting of the variable name inside the %%. Make sure that you don't add any formatting on what is inside the %%. If you format the Q002 differently from the % signs themselves by making it bold or changing the color for example it confuses CSPro and it will not replace Q0002 with the value of the variable. If you want to use formatting apply the formatting to the whole thing i.e. include the %% in what is formatted.

If that is not the problem please send us your app so we can take a look.
munirmdee1

Re: Can not display name in CAPI Question Using %%

Post by munirmdee1 »

Thank you ver much Josh, that was a problem, I edited it, removed formatting things and its fine now.

Thank you
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com