One to many relationship

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Shahmeer

One to many relationship

Post by Shahmeer »

Hi everyone,

I am new to CSPro and I need help for following problem.
I want to develop a CAPI application the scenario is that I have one household questionnaire and may have many 15-49 aged women for interview.
I want to create two level dictionaries one for HH and second for 15-49 Women my ID fields are as under:

For HH questionnaire:
HH1 = Cluster Number
HH2 = Household Number
LN = Line number in Household roaster to related with eligible women

Women Questionnaire
HH1 and HH2 will come from HH questionnaire
LN = Line number to identify individual women

How can write logic for this scenario to fill one HH questionnaire and more than one eligible women questionnaire if found in HH

you know in other databases we can do easily this by defining primary and secondary keys but as I am new to CSPro so facing this difficulty kindly anyone help to solve this problem.

I have to develop a small CAPI application for collecting household questionnaire and all eligible 15-49 aged women.
Kindly share your already developed application(2 level dictionary, forms and logic) or help me how to handle this problem.

Pleasssssssssssssssse. :cry:
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance.
Gregory Martin

Re: One to many relationship

Post by Gregory Martin »

In the examples folder you'll find an old example of a two-level application:

1 - Data Entry/Two Level Application

It's not a very illuminating example, however. Not many CSPro users use two-level applications, so there aren't many examples that you can use for learning. You may want to search this board for other times that people have asked the question. This might help:

viewtopic.php?t=2183