CsEntry has stopped

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

CsEntry has stopped

Post by AriSilva »

I´ve received this message ("O CsEntry parou" in portuguese) several times during the week when we were teaching the interviewers using a specific application.
Unfortunately I could not pinpoint exactly where it was occurring in the program flow.
It is just with this specific application, all the csentry programs we did before worked beautifully.
I´m not sure if it is because the program is very huge, or because the dictionary is also very big, or something else.
Do you have any tips to track the problem?
So far, to make ends meet, I´m executing a savepartial at the end of each form.
If it helps, I could try to pack it and send the app to you.
All the best
Ari
Best
Ari
josh

Re: CsEntry has stopped

Post by josh »

That is a very generic Windows error that just means that the program crashed. Unfortunately without a way to consistently reproduce the error it is pretty impossible to figure out the problem. If you can narrow it down to one or two questions where you get the crash and send us the program we can take a look.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

We have two csentry programs, the menu (controls the interview) and the interview itself.
The "cspro has stopped" message (o cspro parou) is being issued when the menu program executes the
execpff(filename(pffFile), stop);
Sometimes it issued the message, sometimes it does not, but returns to the CSEntry main menu with the list of available applications.
In the past this message was issued also when the control returned form the interview program back to the menu program, but I was not that worried because we had a partial save and the interview was not lost.
But now we cannot even start the interview.
I already tried to move to 7.2, it did not work.
I do not know what else I can try.
If it helps I can pack the whole application and send it to you by email (I was not able to attach it here).
Best
Ari
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

By recompiling the applications with the new 7.3 version apparently solved the problem.
Best
Ari