Error: Entry Message (W 10104). Database disk image is malformed.

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Eohmer

Error: Entry Message (W 10104). Database disk image is malformed.

Post by Eohmer »

Hello!

I've been having an error with a database file.
When I finish an entry and try to save it, the next message appears:

"Entry Message (W 10104).
There was an error writing to the data source: database disk image is malformed."

It then shows another error message and the it closes without saving.
Attachments
This is the first error message that appears when I try fo finnish the questionnaire and save it.
This is the first error message that appears when I try fo finnish the questionnaire and save it.
Untitled1.png (4.96 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
This is the second message.
This is the second message.
Untitled2.png (6.99 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Third message.
Third message.
Untitled3.png (7.17 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
josh

Re: Error: Entry Message (W 10104). Database disk image is malformed.

Post by josh »

Seems like the data file is corrupt. Try the following:

1) Close CSEntry
2) Move the data file to another folder (or just delete it if you don't need the data)
3) Run the application again.

If you are still getting the error then there must be something in your application causing the corruption. Please send us the application with detailed steps to reproduce the error.
josh

Re: Error: Entry Message (W 10104). Database disk image is malformed.

Post by josh »

I am able to reproduce the issue with your data file. It is indeed corrupted. This could be for many reasons - the disk failed, the application crashed in the middle of writing to the disk... The good news is that the file is readable so the fix is easy. Make sure CSEntry is closed. Open the data file in DataViewer. From the tools menu, choose convert. Enter a new file name like Datos_fixed.csdb. Click OK. This will generate a new copy of the data file that is no longer corrupt. You can use this new data file in place of the old one and it should work fine.

Note that the steps above will not preserve the sync information in the new file so if you were to do this with a file that had already been synced to server and then synced the new file you could end up with duplicate cases.