LoadCase Function Issue

Discussions about CSEntry
jfigueroa

LoadCase Function Issue

Post by jfigueroa »

Hi dear forum,

I am facing an Issue with the LoadCase Function at CSPro 7 Beta Version. (2017-01-05 version).
And the Issue is the following:

Assuming I have a field (code_field) where I call this function. And I have a data file that references to the external dictionary I call on this field.
All codes and data are correct. Because I been using them for almost 3 years.

But the Issue occurs as follows. The first time I pass trough (code_field), everything is ok. It founds and reads the data I am searching for. But if by some reason I need to go backward before (code_field) and then go forward again to keep on survey, the loadcase function returns 0. Like no data was found, but data and codes really exist. Because they where found the first time I pass trough (code_field).

The same occurs if I partial save the case. And then need to re-open it to continue on survey. If I do this, all my loadcase functions return 0 when I pass trough the fields. But the codes I´m searching, are ok and they exist.

If it helps I am using (CSPro DB as Input Data File Source Type, and all my external files are Text Source Type).

Any comments about it are really welcome.
Thanks to CSPro Development Team, and Thanks to everyone in the Forum.
Regards
josh

Re: LoadCase Function Issue

Post by josh »

The code for external dictionaries changed a lot in version 7 but your old program should still work. If you can send your app we can take a look.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

As Josh mentioned, all of the external dictionary functions were rewritten for 7.0. I tried best to maintain the 6.3 behavior, but it's possible that I broke some functionality. As he mentioned, if you can send us the application, we can figure out what is different.

Are you always passing the dictionary IDs to the loadcase function? If not, you might try doing that and checking if it works.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Thank you so much for your reply guys.

I have send you both my application by e-mail.
Please let me know If you could re create the error I´m facing.

I will stay tunned for your comments about it.
Regards.
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

Hello,

It seems I also have faced this issue. If it was solved, could you please share the solution? My problem: the application was built back in 2018. On the computer, it works fine under CSPro 7.5, but on an Android device, it does not show the variables' value returned by "loadcase" function from the external file.
josh

Post by josh »

Make sure that you copied the data file to your tablet and that it is the same location on the tablet relative to the pen file that it is on the Windows computer.
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

Dear josh,

The same application is working fine on the previous version of CSEntry (deployed with the previous version of CSPro. I'm not sure which version it was. the last deployment of this application was done in April 2018), but after deploying it with CSPro 7.5 version and installing it on the latest version of the CSEntry, it works incorrectly.
josh

Post by josh »

Go ahead post the app here with detailed instructions on how to reproduce the issue or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov so we can try to reproduce.