If you want to copy a table or selected cells (with or without associated text) of a table it must be done in the Display or Design View. There is no selection possible in the Print Preview.
• To select table cells
- Move the mouse pointer to the upper left-hand corner of the cells you wish to select.
- Press the left mouse button and hold it down while you drag the mouse across the cells you want to select. The cells will change color to indicate that they have been selected. If you drag the mouse outside the cell area (top or bottom, left or right), the table will automatically scroll and continue the blocking actions.
- Then release the mouse button. The selected cells are highlighted.
- To select additional cells hold the Ctrl Key down and follow the same technique.
• To select ALL cells from a row or column
- Entire Rows or columns of cells can be selected by clicking in the appropriate part of the grid.
- Hold the Ctrl key down and click to select non-contiguous rows/column (shown above). To select contiguous rows or columns use the Shift key and select the row or column for the other end of the range.
• To select ALL cells in a Table
Select All; or press Ctrl+A.
• To deselect cells
Press the Esc key; or from the Edit menu, select "Cancel Selection".
Now that cells have been selected for copying you have the choice of copying the text associated with the selected cells or just copying the data in the selected cells
To copy cell values and associated text
- Click on the toolbar; or from the Edit menu, select Copy; or press Ctrl+C.
To copy cell values only
- Select Copy Cells Only from the Edit menu.
Once the cells are copied to the clipboard they can be pasted into a word processor, spreadsheet or any software that accepts tabular format.
See also: Save Changed Tables