To view a subset of the cases in the data file, you can enter a search query to filter the cases shown. The query will only filter by case IDs, not case labels. Enter the query and press Enter or click on the search icon. For example, this query would show only cases whose ID begins with '02':
You can change the display options by selecting options off of the View menu:
- Case Labels: If checked, instead of showing case IDs, case labels are displayed in the case listing.
- Cases in Sort Order: If checked, the case listing sorts cases in key order, as opposed to file order.
- Value Labels: If checked, the label, taken from the first value set, for each value will be shown (in addition to the value's code).
One of the following options can be selected at a time:
- Show All Cases: All cases in the data file are displayed.
- Show Not Deleted Cases Only: Cases that were deleted are not shown.
- Show Partial Cases Only: Only partially saved cases are shown.
- Show Duplicate Cases Only: Only cases that share an ID with other cases are shown.
The Refresh option allows you to reload the data file's contents.