CAPro 8.0 TRSWin.exe missing

Other discussions about CSPro
Harry

CAPro 8.0 TRSWin.exe missing

Post by Harry »

Hello,
after install CSPro 8.0, using the CSPro Version Shifter I went to CSPro 7.7 without problems, but using the same utility it is not possible to change the version to CSPro 8.0, the system says the TRSWin.exe file is not in the CSPro 8.0 folder.
Thanks
Harry Hernandez
wesley

Re: CAPro 8.0 TRSWin.exe missing

Post by wesley »

Hello Harry,

It seems like the TRSWin.exe file missing from your CSPro 8.0 folder is causing the issue. Here's a quick fix you might want to try:

Reinstall CSPro 8.0: This should bring back any missing files, including TRSWin.exe. Make sure to download it from the official site. Check for Updates: Ensure your CSPro Version Shifter is up to date. Older versions might not support switching back to 8.0 properly. Run as Administrator: Sometimes, running the shifter as an administrator can solve permission issues that prevent it from accessing certain files.

Hope this helps you get back to CSPro 8.0 without any more hiccups!

Best,
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks Wesley for your answer, but I already tried your suggestions. I reinstalled CSPro 8.0 and the file TRSWin.exe is not copied in the CSPro 8.0 folder. I downloaded the CSPro 8.0 from the https://www.csprousers.org/downloads/ page.
Regards
Harry
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

The version shifter has not yet caught up to 8.0. Currently the only way to change the default version back to 8.0 after shifting down to 7.7 is to uninstall and then reinstall 8.0, which should re-set it as your default version. The version shifter should be updated to work between 8.0 and previous versions soon.

Thank you,
Justin