Application startup error in CSEntry 8.0 android app

Discussions about CSEntry
parthsaha2023

Application startup error in CSEntry 8.0 android app

Post by parthsaha2023 »

Dear Admin & team,

I am facing strange issue after upgrading to CSEntry 8.0. Now all my apps are not starting. CSEntry says "Starting <app name>" and then closes the CSEntry. No message and nothing else.

Earlier all the apps were working without any issue.

As a workaround, I updated the App to include "errmsg" to force the application show a welcome message and this helps in starting the app.

I don't know if this was due to CSEntry update or may be due to my mobile got upgraded to Android 14.

Please help to diagnose the problem, as I have many apps and many users are running the apps. It will be catastrophic to help everyone with the issue.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Parth Saha
justinlakier

Re: Application startup error in CSEntry 8.0 android app

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

Could you send us the apps so that we can test why this is happening? You can post the zipped files here, or send it to cspro@lists.census.gov if you do not want it publicly viewable.

Thank you,
Justin
parthsaha2023

Post by parthsaha2023 »

Sure, I have sent the zip file through email.

Parth
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hello Parth,

I do not see your message at cspro@lists.census.gov. If there was a typo in the address or other delivery issue, you can try again. You can also post your files here if unable to deliver them through email.

Thank you,
Justin
Foxedu

Post by Foxedu »

I have the same problem, it has been updated to version 8, but the tablet with Android 11 works, and with Android 12 or 13 it does not work, close the application
Xavi

Post by Xavi »

I have the same problem with the applications that were running well with CSPRO 7.7.3 and getting the following warning:
warning (10102)
Could not open the data source "dict_name": table `level-1` already exists.

warning (10106)
Due to errors, the data source for "dict_name" is set to an empty data source
justinlakier

Post by justinlakier »

Hello,

We did not receive Parth's files at cspro@lists.census.gov. In order to find whether these are the same error, and what is causing these errors, we need copies of your apps with test data to reproduce. Please send zipped files of your applications and all testing data files or instructions to cspro@lists.census.gov so that we can attempt to replicate your problems and solve them in testing.

Thank you,
Justin
Foxedu

Post by Foxedu »

I sent you a message to the email, with files attached
vgonzalez

Post by vgonzalez »

I'm having the same problem with apps that were working fine with CSEntry 7.7.3 and since I don't have the auto-update option disabled, it now generates the following error messages:

System error 10106: Due to errors, the data source for %s is configured as an empty data source

System error 10102: Could not open data source %s: %s

I have tried to delete the new tables and indexes from version 8.0 first by identifying it with the following Query

Code: Select all

SELECT COUNT(*) AS CASES FROM `main`.sqlite_master WHERE type='table' AND tbl_name = 'binary-sync-history'
And then I execute the respective DROP functions if the tables and indexes exist, however, I have identified that I cannot go back to version 7.7.3 because in the CSPro meta table, the Dictionary field has the dictionary in JSON format and when I trying to update In the previous ASCII version, the SQLQUERY function generates an error, I assume it is due to the delimiter used for character strings (", ' or `).

For example:

Code: Select all

STRING strMessage4 = '"'

// Dictionary in ASCII Format available in the auxiliary control database
	numCountNewTables = SQLQUERY(PATHCONCAT(Application,"..\COMUN\Censo2023.csdb"), strDataBaseDic, "SELECT dictionary FROM meta");

IF numCountNewTables > 0 THEN 

strMessage5 = CONCAT("UPDATE meta SET dictionary = ", strMessage4, strDataBaseDic(1), strMessage4);
		TRACE(strMessage5);		//View the character string in the trace file
		errmsg(strMessage5);	//View the character string in a message
		SQLQUERY(PATHCONCAT(Application,"..\DATA\Censo2023.csdb"), strMessage5);
	ENDIF;

That code generate the following error messages: System error 8292 SqlQuery %s error: %s

And I have corroborated the generated code that it does work using another database manager such as DB Browser for sqlite and when executing the statement it does work

Does anyone know a way to pass the dictionary in ASCII format to the Dictionary field of the target table when doing the
executing an UPDATE statement with the SQLQUERY function?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Single quotes must be escaped. You can use the replace function: https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/r ... ction.html
dict_text = replace(dict_text, "'", "''");
Let us know if this doesn't work.