Windows Tablats vs Android Tablets Cspro CAPI

Discussions about CSEntry
Anysia

Windows Tablats vs Android Tablets Cspro CAPI

Post by Anysia »

Hi Josh,
Please, In using Cspro for a CAPI system, which device is the best Windows Tablets or Android Tablets.
How does one install the CSentry on Windows Tablets since i cant find it on Microsoft Store.
josh

Re: Windows Tablats vs Android Tablets Cspro CAPI

Post by josh »

You can run CSPro on tablets that run the full Windows i.e. the same Windows that runs on laptops and desktop PCs. CSPro does not run on phones/tablets that run the Windows RT/Windows Phone/Windows Mobile versions of the operating system. CSEntry is not available from the Windows Store. It is a Windows desktop application that you can install on your tablet.

The user interface on Windows was designed for key from paper rather than for CAPI however we have added some features to make CAPI easier. The UI for Android was designed from the ground for CAPI and for touch screens so it is nicer for your interviewers to use than Windows. The Windows UI is not as touch friendly. Also the sync functionality that is used to send to data from the tablet over the internet or over bluetooth is currently only supported on Android (although Windows support will be added in the next version). Overall I would recommend using Android over Windows, however a number of major surveys, including DHS and MICS, are using Windows tablets successfully.

You may want to look at this forum post for some further discussion on Windows vs Android: http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... t=1157&f=1
Anysia

Re: Windows Tablats vs Android Tablets Cspro CAPI

Post by Anysia »

Thanks so much Josh especially the forum link you shared.