log file not generated in the tablet

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Enkhbayar

log file not generated in the tablet

Post by Enkhbayar »

does anyone know why log file not generated in the tablet, but ok with a computer?
josh

Re: log file not generated in the tablet

Post by josh »

I assume you mean the operator statistics log file. The operator statistics log contains information like keystrokes per hour that only applies when doing key from paper. The data collected in that file doesn't makes sense when doing tablet interviews. In CSPro 7.1 we are adding a new type of log file that collects paradata which will be useful for the tablet. It includes much more information such as time spent on each field in the questionnaire.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

I just wanted to use date/time only. begin time = end time
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you only want the beginning and end times, you can get that from the listing file (.lst). The data isn't as convenient to parse as the data in the .log file, but with some work, you should be able to extract the information that you want.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

Thanks, Gregory.

I see that the (.lst) file can provide info what I want. Parsing would be easy I guess. This time, I already developed some code to generate log file for my app and it works ok.
epocsentry

Post by epocsentry »

Hi!

I am overseeing the encoding a considerable number of questionnaires to the tune of 35000 at 7 pages each and would like to impress on encoders the need to finish the process at a short time as humanly possible without impacting quality. I would like to generate a log for each operators. Can you share the code you used to generate log file from an android device. An instruction on how to use the code will be much appreciated as well.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Enkhbayar wrote:Thanks, Gregory.

I see that the (.lst) file can provide info what I want. Parsing would be easy I guess. This time, I already developed some code to generate log file for my app and it works ok.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

I recorded logs to *.CLOG file using the function below. Then you have to develop a dictionary and the batch app to export log in csv.

// f_status = 1 means open the app, 2 means closing the app. when you start the app, call this function with parameter 1, and call again with parameter 2 when you close the app.

function logging_rec(f_status);

file_name = concat(".\data\rawd\enum",enumcode,".clog");

setfile(logging,file_name,append);

c_i = concat(edit("99999999999",idq),edit("999",c_enum),edit("9",f_status),edit("99999999",sysdate("YYYYMMDD")),
edit("999999",systime()));

filewrite(logging,c_i);
close(logging);
end;

epocsentry wrote:Hi!

I am overseeing the encoding a considerable number of questionnaires to the tune of 35000 at 7 pages each and would like to impress on encoders the need to finish the process at a short time as humanly possible without impacting quality. I would like to generate a log for each operators. Can you share the code you used to generate log file from an android device. An instruction on how to use the code will be much appreciated as well.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Enkhbayar wrote:Thanks, Gregory.