Exporting notes from .csdb file to Stata/SPSS

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
charles.tor

Exporting notes from .csdb file to Stata/SPSS

Post by charles.tor »

Hi, I'm new in CSPro and I designed a household survey were our operators use field and case notes a lot. Right now, I'm exporting the data to stata but I noticed that the data sets created don't have the notes introduced by our operators. Navigating through the forum I read indications about exporting a .csnot file. Nevertheless, our data was saved into the new .csdb format, which contains all notes created. How do I do to export this notes into a stata or spss data set?

Thanks.
Gregory Martin

Re: Exporting notes from .csdb file to Stata/SPSS

Post by Gregory Martin »

What you will have to do is:

1) Convert the CSPro DB file to a text file. See more here: http://www.csprousers.org/help/DataView ... rmats.html

After doing this, you'll have a .csnot file.

2) Create a dictionary to describe that notes file. You can do it simply using the "Create Notes Dictionary" option here: http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/di ... acros.html

3) Using that dictionary and the .csnot file, use the Export Data tool to get your notes in Stata or SPSS format.
Yana

Post by Yana »

Is it possible to analysis without exporting data in any form ? Example I have the collected data stored in (.dat) form and without converting to stata or any format, how to analysis with the .dat file?
josh

Post by josh »

You can use the frequencies tool and you can create tables using the tabulation module without exporting your data. There is plenty of information in the help on these programs.