Export using RELATION

Discussions about CSEntry
Mariovaisman

Export using RELATION

Post by Mariovaisman »

Dear all,

I am working in some export, in the attached zip file, there is the DCF, datafile, the program and pff file.

When I execute the export it abends. As I see, it occurs when I try to export MOD_4 which is in the relation, If I take it out, and I do it with the rest of the records (MOD_5 which it is also in the relation), it works perfect. In the same process I have other export without relations and this export works properly.
I did this process for other dictionaries with very similar structure with no issues.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Attachments
PEEL_Export.zip
(42.15 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Export using RELATION

Post by Gregory Martin »

Unfortunately, this is a bug. We'll fix it for CSPro 7.0. It occurs if you export a data item that doesn't have a decimal point and when that item is blank (notappl) in the data file. This happens in your file in V406 and V407. This works:
export to f2 case_id(HHEA,HHNUM,M1_LINE(i)), MOD_1B, MOD_1 exclude(M1_LINE),
                                             MOD_5, v566,anthro_child,mod_4 exclude(V406,V407),v433;
If you need those values in your export, I would write a batch application to assign values like -999.9 to those variables if they're blank. In that case, your export will work. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mariovaisman

Re: Export using RELATION

Post by Mariovaisman »

Thank you for your explanation, it was very useful. I changed the dictionary adding explicit decimal point. With that, there are not issues and the export works perfect.