Export data is not working

Discussions about CSEntry
crc

Export data is not working

Post by crc »

Hi CSPro team,
I recently updated my CSPro to 6.3 since then the export data module is not working it is showing following error message.

Could you please help me on this.
Attachments
export data issue.jpg
export data issue.jpg (53.82 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Export data is not working

Post by Gregory Martin »

There are many reasons that you might see that error. To troubleshoot, I suggest that instead of exporting to SPSS, you export to CSV format. Does any data appear in that mode?

If not, then the problem is probably that your data file has no cases or your export selections are invalid. Try to export fewer items and see if any come through. Sometimes people have problems when exporting items from multiple records.

For example, start exporting just a single ID item along with another item. Does that come through? If it does, then work your way up to exporting all the data and see when the problem occurs.

If you can't even get a couple items to export, then the problem is likely with your data file. Make sure that you are selecting the correct data file. Also, the export tool will create a listing file, CSExpRun.lst, that you can look at. It may have some clues about why no data was exported.