Level Of Execution In Data Entry Application

Discussions about CSEntry
munirmdee1

Level Of Execution In Data Entry Application

Post by munirmdee1 »

Hi all,

I understand levels of execution in CSPro Data Entry Application, but I have a little concern. My concern is I want to close the application after completing entering data, for example I have a househole questionnaire, the last field/item is number of members in the household (ie NUM_MEM). So after user enter a number into that field it asks to confirm the case before it writes. I want after confirming the writing of a case an application should close. Now where to put the logic for closing the application after accepting the case? Is it at the Postproc of a Dictionary, or the last item (NUM_MEM) or of the Level (questionnaire)?

Thanks in advance...
Munir Mdee
Software Programmer
National Bureau of Statistic (NBS)
Jakaya Kikwete Road,
P.O.Box 2683,
Dodoma,TANZANIA
Mob: +255 755 740090
Email: munir.mdee@nbs.go.tz
munirmdee@gmail.com
josh

Re: Level Of Execution In Data Entry Application

Post by josh »

From the help topic on the stop function:
In a data entry application, if the stop function is executed in the Postproc of the first (highest) level then the data for the case is saved. Otherwise, any data entered for the current case is lost. If you want to avoid losing data, you should include a savepartial function just before the stop function (see example below).
ySo You can put the call to stop() in the postproc of the first level (the questionnaire) and it will close the application after saving the case.