developing a data entry for to collect longitudinal data

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
collinsod

developing a data entry for to collect longitudinal data

Post by collinsod »

Dear Team,

I am developing a form for collecting longitudinal data of livestock. Every 3 months, we visit these households and asked the number of livestock owned. So I want a form to display number of livestock in that household for the previous visit. This should change when i move to the next household id. Please is it possible in CSPro.

Thanks.

Collinsod
josh

Re: developing a data entry for to collect longitudinal data

Post by josh »

This is possible in CSPro although it requires some advanced CSPro programming. You would do this using an external dictionary and data file (also known as a lookup file). You would save the previous number of livestock for each household in a CSPro data file with it's own dictionary. This second dictionary would have the same id-items as your main dictionary (whatever you use to identify a household). It would also have a record with the livestock number in it. You would then use loadcase() with the id-items that interviewer has entered to load the livestock number from the external dictionary and fill it in.

Unfortunately I don't have an example of doing this with longitudinal data. There is a lookup file example in the CSPro examples directory (C:\Program Files\CSPro 6.1\Examples) that uses a lookup file to verify geographic identifiers. I'm also attaching a couple of other documents/examples we have on lookup files from training classes we have done. Hopefully you will be able to adapt one of these to your needs.
Attachments
Lookup Files in CSPro.pdf
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 544 times
04 - Advanced Entry.zip
(138.21 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
collinsod

Re: developing a data entry for to collect longitudinal data

Post by collinsod »

Thank you so much Josh for such a detailed explanation.

Let me try it.

Collins