Date capture issue

Discussions about CSEntry
CMH

Date capture issue

Post by CMH »

Hi.
In my CAPI application there are several items ( around 50) to capture the date like what was the manufacturing date on machine, what was the expiry date of product, what is contract signing and end date, etc. To capture date I set such items like given in following link. A calendar appears and enumerator must have to select a date.

https://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/d ... _type.html

But in some cases enumerator can not record the date due challenges like that part of machine where date is mentioned covered with fixed heavy installation or product is damaged and date is not visible. For such cases I want that there should be an option for enumerator to write the issue discription of not capturing date instead selecting any date but date capture type as given in above link do not provide this facility. I also do not want that enumerators write date by them self as then everyone will write date with different formate as it will required extra layer of data validity and cleaning. Does CSPro has any solution for such requirement. Thanks
justinlakier

Re: Date capture issue

Post by justinlakier »

Date capture type is possible for numeric or alphanumeric items of length 4, 6, or 8. In order to allow descriptions of the issue which are more than 8 characters, you will need to add another longer alpha description item for each case where you want a description. Then add another yes/no dictionary item before date entry which asks if the date could be found, leading to the date entry item if yes and the challenge description entry item if no. You could use an invalid value for date such as 9999,99,99 to signal that the date could not be found instead of the yes/no item, however this requires changing the field validation method to "Allow out of range with confirmation" and implementing strict logic to prevent any out-of-range values other than the signal value from being entered, so I recommend sticking with a yes/no question to determine date or description entry.

Hope that helps,
Justin La Kier
CMH

Re: Date capture issue

Post by CMH »

Thank you very much.