'Cannot initialize the compiler’ error when trying to view CAPI text in my form

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
jhiggins

'Cannot initialize the compiler’ error when trying to view CAPI text in my form

Post by jhiggins »

Hello,

I am currently trying to edit the CAPI text in my form, but am receiving the following error message when I attempt to switch to CAPI text view - "Cannot initialize the compiler". Does anyone have any insight into why this is occurring, and advice on how to resolve it?

Thank you!
josh

Re: 'Cannot initialize the compiler’ error when trying to view CAPI text in my form

Post by josh »

Try closing CSPro completely and reopening it. If that doesn't work, post your application here (use pack application to create a zip file) or email it cspro@lists.census.gov
jhiggins

Re: 'Cannot initialize the compiler’ error when trying to view CAPI text in my form

Post by jhiggins »

Hi Josh,

Thanks, I closed and re-opened the program, and the option to view CAPI text is grayed out. If the problem persists, I will post my application here.
jhiggins

Post by jhiggins »

Is there a another reason I wouldn't be able to select the CAPI text option? I checked the file tab of my application and see that my .qsf file (that contains the CAPI text) is not reflected, so I suspect this is the source of the problem (without the .qsf file to pull from, the CAPI text option will not be enabled). The .qsf file is included in the directory I imported my .ent file from, and I have never had this problem before - do you have any suggestions for how to attach my .qsf file or to ensure that it gets successfully imported?

Thank you!
Last edited by jhiggins on April 1st, 2019, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
josh

Post by josh »

Make sure you open the data entry application (the icon that looks like a little computer screen) and not the form file (the yellow stack of papers).
jhiggins

Post by jhiggins »

Sorry, just edited my reply above!
josh

Post by josh »

If you open the .ent file and not the fmf or dictionary the qsf will be included automatically. If this is not the case please post or send us the application.