Roster loses data when editing

Discussions about editing and cleaning data
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lb.fam

Roster loses data when editing

Post by lb.fam »

Hello,

I used this example to build an application which captures the names of a maximum of 10 persons, and then asks each person questions (details)

http://www.ssb.no/a/english/publikasjon ... 219_en.pdf

If less then 10 people are present, then I end the collection of the names by entering 0 in the person number field (similar to page 41 in the example).

However, after completion, if I reopen the data which has been gathered, for example to edit, and forget to enter the 0 again, the names remain, but the data in the details section is lost.

In addition, the names now show 1-10, even if for example I gathered only two names originally.

By the way, I generate the numbers automatically.

1. Any way to prevent this?

2. Any way to retrieve the details when they have been lost?
groverlynn

Re: Roster loses data when editing

Post by groverlynn »

Hi, I'm having the same Problem. Have you solved this?
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

Can you send me the application and partially saved data (before it's missing) to cspro@lists.census.gov?
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Hi CSPro team

Any update on this query about 'Roster loses data when editing'. I am keen to know because I also faced similar problem. Program delete data as soon as I go back to a variable which is located before roster. When I come back to roster again, it deletes all information in String cells e.g., name, address etc. Please let me know if there is any solution. I posted my problem here because it is similar to this topic which was already under discussion.

Regards
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I would try using CSPro 7.1.2, which was released this week. We fixed some bugs related to data loss with partial saves. Perhaps that is what impacted your application?