Export is producing blank file

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Ron W

Export is producing blank file

Post by Ron W »

Hi, all. I'm having issues exporting the data we've entered, and I've exhausted my ideas on how to fix this.
When I try to export, the text window that pops up is blank. However, I know there is data in the .dat file and I'm confident that I'm selecting the right file for this. I'm following the normal steps to export, and I'm not getting any errors from CSPro. However, like I mentioned, the txt document that pops up is empty every time.
I've also done a few fake entries myself but haven't been able to get them to export either with my current template, but when I mocked up a very simple template and exported with that, it worked fine.
Because of this, I think the issue is somewhere in the dictionary we're using, or that maybe I have to select some additional options to get it to export. The dictionary is mostly personal information--ID number, name, location--and then a very large table (9 columns and 700 rows). When exporting, I've selected "One file", "All in one record", "Items only" and "Semicolon delimited".
Any help would be greatly appreciated, since we've already started data entry and I want to makes sure we can access the work done so far.
-Ron W
Gregory Martin

Re: Export is producing blank file

Post by Gregory Martin »

Ron,

If you send your dictionary to csprousers@gmail.com I can take a look at it to determine why it might not be exporting correctly.

I have experienced problems in the past when exporting repeating records in "All in one record" format if the repeating record contained any repeating items. Does this scenario describe your dictionary? If so, you may need to do a batch export to get your data, rather than use the Export Data tool, and I can walk you through that process.
boikgwadi

I am failing to export after data entry

Post by boikgwadi »

Greetings all

I have been doing two things, editing existing records and adding new ones. And now none of the files are exporting. Who knows how to do a batch export as I need the data which is inside. This is my first time in 8 years of using this software that I have faced this challenge.

I did change records in my editing for example renaming variables and correcting on the file type from numeric to alpha and vice versa.

Please help.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Batch editing will not fix your problem. I'll email you with a new tool that can fix your problem.
nimbona

Post by nimbona »

Hello everyone,
i have probably the same problem,
when i export in spss, there is some missing date and when i take a look in csdb file, i see that some data have moved to an other place or erase.
thank you for help