Error in Forms Editor

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Tiago Almeida

Error in Forms Editor

Post by Tiago Almeida »

Hi to everyone,
I'm new here. I have used CSPro in the past but never found a reason to seek help but I have been trying for two months to solve a problema and I can see no solution ahead.

This problem is true for both the version 4 and 5 of CSPro.
If one uses Windows 8 32 Bits, such as the ones installed on new Windows 8 tablets with the Clover Trail processor the forms editor no longer functions. The same program functions properly under Windows 8 Pro 64 Bits in my core i7 laptop, but not on the tablet. IN the beginning I thought it was version specific, but I tried all versions and the problem persisted only in the tablet. I have then tried to isolate other things such as the application and so on but to no success, it never works. Not even after reformating the PC.

I conclude it is because it is Windows 8 32 Bits, hence some bug may be happening in relation to that I suppose. I then installed a virtual machine in the tablet and installed Windows Millenium inside and then installed CSPro in it. It worked just fine!

So it must be the Windows 8 version. I ask then, is there any way to correct this problem? My organization bought 15 tablets to work with CSPro because it claimed Windows 8 compatibility, it seems odd that I have to install na archaic version of Windows in virtual box in order to use the program because Windows 8 compatibility is not here at all.

Best regards to all and I hope to hear from some of you soon!
Tiago
Gregory Martin

Re: Error in Forms Editor

Post by Gregory Martin »

Tiago,

What version are you using? Have you downloaded the most recent one, 5.0.3, released a couple weeks ago?

We've fixed a lot of problems related to Windows 8. Let me know if this version still causes you problems.
Tiago Almeida

Post by Tiago Almeida »

Thank you so much Gregory!

I tried the 5.0.3 version and it worked, apparently i only used the other versions.
However I still have a doubt, although I don't know if this the place for the question but nonetheless:~

I am using 15 windows 8 tablets and 10 Windows mobile 6 devices so I have to program something capable to run both on 5 and on 4.1. Is it possible?

Best,
Tiago
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I suggest that you build your applications in 4.1. CSPro 5.0 will have no problem reading those files, so you can run your 4.1 applications on the Windows 8 tablets running 5.0.

However, the files created in 5.0 will be UTF-8, while the 4.1 files will be ANSI. As long as you use 5.0 to do any processing of the files, you'll be file. Just don't take the 5.0 files and process (e.g., export) them in 4.1.
tnjagi

Re:Logic

Post by tnjagi »

I am a first time CSpro user and am trying to develop the logic for the form attached.

My challenge is as follows:
there are a number of C2 for every C1 i.e if i have C1 as C1(1)=1 & C1(2)=2, then for C1(1) i can have C2(1)=1,2,3..... and C1(2) with also C2(2)=1,2,3... that is there are a number of plots in each parcel.
Then each plot can have a number of crops.
ideally the loop should be something like:
parcel
plot
crop

i can figure out how to do this logic. please help
Attachments
cspro help.docx
(16.12 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
josh

Post by josh »

Check out the "Two Level Application" in the CSPro examples folder. In that example there is a building that contains multiple households where each household contains multiple people. Seems like a similar structure to yours where a parcel contains multiple plots where each plot has multiple crops.