Inserting Image in CAPI

Other discussions about CSPro
Bharadwaj

Inserting Image in CAPI

Post by Bharadwaj »

HI...

I am 1st time doing a CAPI programing offline. I would like to insert a company's logo and which should appear on every screen/form. I am trying to do that but i am not able to do the same.

Also i would like to request, if any one can share their CAPI program which will help me in simplifying my logic. Thanks

Bharadwaj
Gregory Martin

Re: Inserting Image in CAPI

Post by Gregory Martin »

Is your image file in bitmap format (.bmp)? That is the only file format that can be inserted in the CAPI text window.
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Yes i have our company logo in .bmp. But is not coming in every screen. I have tried. If you can send any sample i would like see how it has been done. Thanks

Regards

Bharadwaj
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Looking into this problem, we have discovered that there is a problem inserting images using CSPro 5. The CAPI text is saved in RTF format but we switched the RTF format for version 5 and now the images are not shown on the form properly. We hope to fix this for the next release.

If you use CSPro 4.1, you should not have this problem.
Bharadwaj

Post by Bharadwaj »

Thanks Gregory

We are using Hindi for Error Messages in CSPro 5, but this is not happening in CSPro 4.1 that is why we have opted CSPro 5 for this.

Hope you and your team will fix this problem soon in CSPro 5.

Thanks

regards

Bharadwaj
arronlee

Post by arronlee »

Yup indeed. Bitmap format (.bmp) is the only file format that can be inserted in the CAPI text window. But you said that you are using CSPro 4.1, I have no idea about it, because I have only tried CSPro 5. Or you can choose another image processing SDKs whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you insert images in CAPI. Good luck and hope you success!
Best Regards,
Arron

| Imaging SDK | Tutotials on Image Processing |

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.
iip

Post by iip »

Hi,

How is the status now? I'm using 5.03beta version but still cannot insert bitmaps, it says that "the qsf text exceed the maximum allowable size of 524288..." my bitmap image size is 380K and then my image removed by CSPro.

-iip-
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

One of the problems is that the CAPI text is stored in RTF format and a bitmap stored in RTF format takes up a lot of space. Eventually we'll probably change the format of the CAPI text so that it is in HTML format and doesn't include the data for an image in the .qsf file.

Can you save your bitmap image in a format that is smaller? For example, save it as a 8-bit image instead of a 24-bit image?
MrTaco

Post by MrTaco »

Hey Gregory

am also struggling to insert an image on CSPro 6... I have saved it on Bitmap format but when I select CAPI Options it doesn't give the option to select Insert bitmap?

Thabiso
nila442200

Post by nila442200 »