CSPro Beta 5 testing

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lls

CSPro Beta 5 testing

Post by lls »

I made a launcher menu application under CSPro 4.1 named 'Survey Menu System.pff' which doesn't start when trying to open it with the 5.0 beta version. Other .pff applications works fine. There are probably some wrong path in the coding but I can't find out where is the problem.

I would be very happy to get some help to find out what is wrong so that I can make it ready for CSPro 5 when it comes out.
I have attached the application with the Survey Menu System.pff file.

Thank you
Last edited by lls on May 22nd, 2012, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory Martin

Re: CSPro Beta 5 testing

Post by Gregory Martin »

Do you have the most recent version? It works for me, with the beta release from May 4: http://www.csprousers.org/beta/cspro5beta_20120504.zip

After running the program, I get the following PFF:
[Run Information]
Version=CSPro 4.1
AppType=Entry
[DataEntryInit]
Interactive=Ask
OperatorID=ES
StartMode=add
FullScreen=No
[Files]
Application=..\Entry\GDC_Dossiers.ent
InputData=..\Data\ES .dat
[ExternalFiles]
GDC_DOSSIERS_DICT=..\Data\GDC_Dossiers.dat
One of the initial beta releases didn't paths in PFFs correctly, but that's been fixed. Let me know if the program doesn't work for you with the newest beta release.
lls

Post by lls »

Thank you Gregory for your reply.

I had downloded the latest version (cspro5beta_20120504), I just tried again and it still doesn't work.
I'm surprised it works for you. There is something I must not do right.

If I run the runpff.exe which is in the installed CSPro 4.1 folder in C:/Program file (x86)/ and select "Survey Menu System.pff" it will launch normally.
Now, if I run the runpff.exe which is in the cspro5beta_20120504 folder and try to open "Survey Menu System.pff", I get a grey window (CSEntry) with this message: "C:Users/Lorenzo/AppData/Local/Temp/CSP8574.tmp in the middle of the whindow.
I tried creating a CSPro 5.0 folder in C:/Program file (x86)/ and launching from there but I had the same result.

P.S. I don't have problems to open the "launcher.pff", problem is only with "Survey Menu System.pff"

Lorenzo
marialange

Post by marialange »

Hi,
Pff you change on behalf of the version to 5.0.1
Regards
lls

Post by lls »

Thank you marialange.

But I am not sure to understand your advice.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

I misunderstood your initial problem. I thought you meant that CSEntry would not run using the beta version, but you really meant that the entry program did not start in Add mode. You can force this behavior by putting:

StartMode=add

In the .pff file. In general CSEntry will start in Add mode when creating a new data file. When opening a file that exists, it will not start in Add mode by default.

You brought to my attention an actual bug in CSPro 5 though. The start mode behavior is not consistent with 4.1 when using a temporary data file (like in a menu program), as you did. I just fixed the problem, which will come out in the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.
lls

Post by lls »

Thank you, it works indeed.
I'm glad this is now a fixed bug.

When will the CSPro 5 stable be release? Do you plan to have more betas?
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

We will probably put out one more beta release, either this week or next, and then we will put out the final public release sometime in July.
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

Hey Greg,
1)Using a bunch of text fields in the Entry system creates a large form file.
Try to mimic by copy and pasting text in Entry.

2) Multiple line text field in roster will not adjust until you modify row text then resize row height.

Pierre
Attachments
screen capture
screen capture
screen cap.jpg (24.81 KiB) Viewed 11271 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Woah, what's happening in your screenshot. How did your forms file get up to nearly 4 gigabytes? What were you copying and pasting? Multiline fields or just any kind of fields on the form?

You're right about it being slightly tricky to resize multiline controls placed within rosters. You first need to make space for the control by resizing the column and row. Then you can drag out the multiline control to the size you desire. You shouldn't have to modify any text though.