Exporting Field Notes

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
amandata

Exporting Field Notes

Post by amandata »

Dear CSPro families,

I have currently collected household survey data using CSPro 7.1.3 version (CAPI mode) and some of the cases were submitted using field notes. I was wondering to export the notes files for all cases that are collected using field notes functionality of the tablet devices. Could you please assist us in exporting this field notes files?

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Amanuel
Gregory Martin

Re: Exporting Field Notes

Post by Gregory Martin »

You can create a dictionary that describes the notes file by following the instructions under Data File Tasks:

http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/di ... acros.html

If you are using a CSPro DB (.csdb) file to collect the data, then you should convert the data to a text file using Data Viewer:

http://www.csprousers.org/help/DataView ... rmats.html

The .csnot file describes the notes. You can export the notes by using the dictionary created in the first step and exporting the .csnot file.
amandata

Post by amandata »

Dear Gregory,
Many thanks for your prompt responses. I have converted the data file and created the notes dictionary using the dictionary macros and tried to export the notes using the converted data file but I wasn't able to export the notes. Attached the main dictionary, data files data(5) as well as the converted dictionary for your reference.

kind regards,
Amanuel
Attachments
New folder.zip
(98.22 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
amandata

Post by amandata »

Dear Gregory,
I'm looking forward to your responses.

kind regards,
Amanuel
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You need to convert the data to a text file using Data Viewer:

1) Double-click on "data (5).csdb." This will open it in Data Viewer.

2) Select Tools -> Convert.

3) Select a new file that does not have the extension .csdb. That extension is for CSPro DB files, but you need to create a text file. So, for example, I named my file "converted.dat."

4) Now you'll have a file, "converted.dat," with a notes file, "converted.dat.csnot."

5) Use the Export Data tool to export the data from "converted.dat.csnot" using your dictionary "notesdictionary.dcf."