Using Different Languages

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Using Different Languages

Post by AriSilva »

I´m a "little" bit confused about this facility.
There are related several issues that I´m mixing them up.
1. In the helps and in the examples, sometimes the language is referred as two or three letters (PR, PT, PO, FRA), etc, sometimes it is referred as a name (LINGALA).
1. The Run Production data entry in the help says that the language parameter has to match the ones specified in the question text, dictionary or message file. The match is with the language name or the language "ID"?
2. The qsf has explicitly defined the languages (in the CAPI example), using the "id"=name, that´s OK.
3. There message files used in the examples in the help they use the "ID" before the message number, not the language label mentioned in the pff.
Best
Ari
Gregory Martin

Re: Using Different Languages

Post by Gregory Martin »

The language name can be anything that you want. If you want the language to automatically be set by CSPro when you run your application, then you need to label it according to the two-letter ISO code. Suppose I have a tablet that is in French mode. If I have any languages defined as FR and there is no Language= in the PFF, then the FR language will be used. However, if I've named my language FRENCH, then it won't be.

The language label is only used for display. In logic (setlanguage), or in the PFF, always used the language name.

So when CSPro starts an application it assigns the languages in the following order:

1) If a language is defined in the PFF, use it.

2) If not, check the system (two-letter code) language and see if that exists.

3) If none of the above, it uses the first language defined in your program.

Things are a bit tricky because you can define language names in three places (the dictionary, the CAPI text, and messages). You should make sure that they are all the same.