Know about the csdb file specification format is important.

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lestcape

Know about the csdb file specification format is important.

Post by lestcape »

CSPro now handled the data by default in the csdb format. The csdb format is really specific of CSPro and of course can not be integrate with other custom tools or applications without to know the new csdb file format specifications.

Where I can read a description of the specifications of this new file format?

Thanks.
josh

Re: Know about the csdb file specification format is important.

Post by josh »

We don't have a specification for the CSDB format. It is implemented using SQLite so if you open the file using SQLite and look at the tables you can see the structure. That said, unlike with the text file format, we reserve the right to change the structure of the csdb file as the product changes so if you build a tool that works with the current format it may not work in the future. It would be better to convert the csdb to text and use that in your integration.
lestcape

Re: Know about the csdb file specification format is important.

Post by lestcape »

Thanks josh. You really save my live with your comment.

I'm aware that CSPro need to have a possibility for an evolution, because you, me and all deserved that. It's clear to me then is need modify the things.

Is just i can not use a tool that was build for Windows in a linux server where i have Implemented a parser to automatically response to the clients about erros, duplicate data or inconsistences in his update. Also to give them a confirmation ticket of correct upload of their data.

Now that i mention this, I think will be good to CSPro implement a way to allow the server to emit a custom response to the client, which can then be captured by the client application to add a logic to inform the users about the state of his data.

This is the tool that i have, an android program to send data and recive data from the client application to the server using a web service different to your default mplementations, with the capability to also send a response. Also i parse all data files and insert the data in a reticular database in postgres when is correctly.

Again thanks. Now I will be able to also upload and "parse" the binary db file more easy.