Managing Different Calendars in CSPro

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Rojan

Managing Different Calendars in CSPro

Post by Rojan »

My query is on managing different calendars in CSPro. In Nepal, our official calendar is Nepali calendar – Vikram Era – so we often base our survey on this calendar. But, I did not find softwares including CSPro are compatible with this calendar year and this makes thing little difficulties as Nepali calendar is 56 years and 7 months ahead of English (Gregorian) calendar. So for my easiness and flexibility, I have prepared database of conversion factors of Nepali and English date for last 70 years and I link this database with my survey database through logic to convert all Nepali date collected in survey into English date. By doing so, my survey dataset will be compatible to work on date related analysis available in statistical and empirical analysis softwares like SPSS, SAS, Excel and others. I am interested to know whether CSPro will incorporate Nepali Calendar and many others this type of calendars in its forthcoming version because I feel such feature will be highly useful.
josh

Re: Managing Different Calendars in CSPro

Post by josh »

What exactly would need to change in CSPro to support other calendars? Currently CSPro only has a couple of functions that I can think of that assume a particular calendar: datediff and cmcode.
Rojan

Post by Rojan »

Attached is the application to convert Nepali date into English date that I have designed in CSPRO. It can convert date from BS 2050/01/01 (AD 1993/04/13) to BS 2069/12/21 (AD 2013/04/13). While using it to design entry application, we need to have extra variable of English date for each Nepali Date. It is natural that number of variable will increase as for each date there need to be two variables.. With conversion in English date, it will be easy to use all date related command of CSPRO like datediff and it is also easy to use date related command of other software while working on CSPRO exported data. Please share other method.
Attachments
Date Conversion CSPRO.zip
(9.75 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
Rojan

Post by Rojan »

Now, range of date is from 1990/01/01 to 2080/12/30 of Nepali Calendar (i.e.19330413 to 20240413 in English Calendar)
Attachments
Date_Convert_1990_2080.zip
(19.89 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
Rojan

Post by Rojan »

99999999 is labeled for "Don't Know" and 88888888 is labeled for "Missing". For further labeling, add with necessary adjustment in dictionary and logic.
Attachments
Convert_09_Oct_2013.zip
(19.65 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
Rojan

Post by Rojan »

Yes. There needs to be variable of English Date for each Nepali Date.