Skip Statement in a Roster

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
MrTaco

Skip Statement in a Roster

Post by MrTaco »

Hi Josh/ Gregory

If a roster has 4 persons and we need to implement a skip rule so after it completed on (person 1) it should skip to the next person, instead of skip to Q5.1

please see on the attached, Q4.19 ( 1 = Yes / 2 = No(Go to Q5.1)

Thanks

Thabiso
Attachments
Skip Statement in a Roster.zip
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
josh

Re: Skip Statement in a Roster

Post by josh »

Use "skip to next".
MrTaco

Post by MrTaco »

Thanks Josh

It works but on the last person it should go to Q5.1, referring to number of persons.

If theres 4 people it should on the fourth person skip to Q5.1 but instead it continues to the fifth person.

thanks
josh

Post by josh »

If your roster will always have 4 people then set the max occurences on the record in the dictionary to 4. That way there will be only 4 rows in the roster.

If the number of people in the roster will vary from household to household then you can either use an occurrence control field or use endgroup. I think we covered both of those options already in this post http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1032
MrTaco

Post by MrTaco »

Josh occurrence control works okay..

the thing is when I code Q4.19 = 2 to skip to Q5.1 it should not skip other persons that I captured on the number of persons. . it should go to next person and then skip to Q5.1 when it gets to the last person... eg. Q4.19 = 2(person 1) and Q4.19 = 2 (person 2) then skip to 5.1... I don't know if I have to use preproc or postproc to achieve that...
josh

Post by josh »

skip to next on the last row of the roster will skip to the field after the roster. So if you use an occurrence control field for the roster and set the size of the roster to 2 then on the second person the skip to next will send you to field 5.1 assuming that this is the field that immediately follows the roster. If you are using endgroup to control the size of the roster then in your logic you need to call endgroup instead of skip to next when you are on the last row.
MrTaco

Post by MrTaco »

Hi Josh

I used occurrence control field for the roster.. then use a skip a rule" Skip to next", it works perfectly now
thanks

Thabiso