csentry: Application Startup Error

Other discussions about CSPro
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
bulakenya

csentry: Application Startup Error

Post by bulakenya »

hello everyone,

having problem opening csentry program in android tablet version 4.4.2, it displays "Application Startup Error: There was an error and CSEntry could not open /storage/emulated/0/csentry/CADaCS/CADCSupdated.pff", i tried using another tablet version 4.1.2 and my program works smoothly, is there a way i could fix this?

thank you very much...
josh

Re: csentry: Application Startup Error

Post by josh »

I usually see this error when I have not copied all the files needed for the program onto the Android device. For example if I copy the .pff file but not the .pen or if I forget to include one of the lookup files.
bulakeny

Post by bulakeny »

sir josh, hello!!! the files i used in both version are the same, that's why I'm wondering why its running in android version 4.1 and not in android version 4.4.
josh

Post by josh »

I would connect both devices to the PC and look at the contents of the CSEntry side by side to make sure they are exactly the same. If the .pen and .pff files are not in the same folders relative to each other you will get that error.

Also verify that you are using the same version of CSEntry on both Android devices (you can the version number from About CSEntry).
bulakeny

Post by bulakeny »

good day sir josh,

we found out what causes the problem, we have one item that was set as a radio button with one option we change the property of the field to text and it works... thank you very very much for all the help... :-)