Tracking (GPS), report generation

What would you like to see in CSPro?
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
rcovane

Tracking (GPS), report generation

Post by rcovane »

I would like to be able to make polygons using the device GPS, so I can map areas. It can be saved in a separate file!

The other thing I would like to see is the possibility to generate individual reports (for each household or occurrence) of the survey with selected itens (administrator select the items)
josh

Re: Tracking (GPS), report generation

Post by josh »

Making polygons with the GPS is a bit out of the scope of CSPro. For that I would look at one of the ESRI mobile products or something similar.

You can do some reporting with the current system although it is a bit tricky. The idea is to write out the report to a text file (or an html file if you are familiar with html) using the function filewrite() and then using execsystem() to display the file that you wrote out.

You can see a simple example at: http://teleyah.com/cspro/DCJune2015/07- ... diaGPS.pdf and http://teleyah.com/cspro/DCJune2015/07- ... urvey7.zip

htuser has taken this quite a bit further and has come up with a way to generate html versions of his forms using a similar technique. Maybe he can give you some advice.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear Rcovane,
As mentioned by Josh, i was able to output complexes questionnaires (50 pages 8.5/11) in HTML format as beautiful paper (MS Word) like customized copy. More, with Josh's help, i'm able to write a function to output about 3000 Csentry forms(questionnaires) to html formats in seconds. It's very useful for quality control and archiving purpose. Also,paper survey nostalgic's find out a way to print electronic questionnaires!
To do it, i use an user defined function. If you're not familiar to CSS/HTML coding, and if you don't have basic to intermediate level in Cspro coding, it may be difficult to do it. Please, let me know how can i help you.
Regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
rcovane

Post by rcovane »

htuser wrote:Dear Rcovane,
As mentioned by Josh, i was able to output complexes questionnaires (50 pages 8.5/11) in HTML format as beautiful paper (MS Word) like customized copy. More, with Josh's help, i'm able to write a function to output about 3000 Csentry forms(questionnaires) to html formats in seconds. It's very useful for quality control and archiving purpose. Also,paper survey nostalgic's find out a way to print electronic questionnaires!
To do it, i use an user defined function. If you're not familiar to CSS/HTML coding, and if you don't have basic to intermediate level in Cspro coding, it may be difficult to do it. Please, let me know how can i help you.
Regards,
Thank you for your help. I'm moving from basic to intermediate now and trying to introduce tablets in the surveys from my company. I'll see with the IT guy how is his css/html coding and i'll return to you soon.

For GPS shapes mapping i'll test the "Geo tracker" instead of ESRI, since i'm going to field now just to test it.
merlino

Post by merlino »

Dear htuser

I'm a CSPro user. I would be very grateful to you if you could help me with the function that you designed with the help of Josh to quickly transcribe CSEntry many forms (questionnaires) in "HTML format as beautiful paper (MS Word) like customized copy". I want to print some questionnaires from the same operation in different phases for comparison purposes. I will try to go a little further in learning HTML if necessary to exploit the code you wrote. I sent you the following email address to send me programs: mb_merlino@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
htuser

Post by htuser »

I've just send you an email about.
Regards,
rcovane

Post by rcovane »

Dear htuser,

I would like to see it too to show to the IT guys so they can help me out. My email is roque.covane@Gmail.com

One question, I write the code after the survey so it produces all the summaries at once or I write before so it can be produced on the fly?

Regards
htuser

Post by htuser »

You write a function do it and you evoke this user defined function inside whatever variable and it summary the whole case. So i write it before.
I already send to you a contact email.
Regards,
rcovane

Post by rcovane »

htuser wrote:You write a function do it and you evoke this user defined function inside whatever variable and it summary the whole case. So i write it before.
I already send to you a contact email.
Regards,
I was in a environment without network in the last day. I will send you an e-mail.

Thank you
Eshan

Post by Eshan »

Hi htuser

Can u share your function with me. My email add is eromjon@govmu.org

Thanks in advance.