GPS tool

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
imade

GPS tool

Post by imade »

Hi,
I have a data dictionary that consistes of : my item set + gps coordinate. Actually, I'm looking for tools that can help me to map (display and track) the mobility of my operators by reading the exported data from my dictionary. do you have any idea about that ?

thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: GPS tool

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you trying to map these reading on Windows or on Android?

Google Earth or Maps has a file format where it's really easy to write out geographic points to then view in that software / on the Internet. That's a free option.

Of course, if you export the latitudes and longitudes to a format like .csv, you'll be able to use it with many software products, including ArcGIS.
imade

Post by imade »

I'm typing on Android.
Thanks for help. I'm now trying "Batch Geocode", it's very easy, it uses csv file with the following format :
AddressName, Address, City, State

but in my files i have the following format :
Longi, latit, itemId

can i convert this geo coordinates using a specific tool ?

thanks
imade

Post by imade »

This problem has been solved by specific development using HTML and Javascript.
Now, we can track all operators using google maps.

Thanks for all
tvr557

GPS Reading

Post by tvr557 »

Hi

I need to Capture GPS in the attached program in Andriod Tab Leneovo A1000

I have Pasted GPS coded in Global and Under Latitude variable in Preproc added user button for reading GPS
Please Help me
Attachments
Test Survey.zip
(39.27 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
josh

Post by josh »

With only the .pen we cannot see your CSPro logic to determine what the problem is. Please post the entire application (you can use Pack Application from the Tools menu in CSPro to create a zip file of everything).
tvr557

Post by tvr557 »

Hi

Here is the application , Also I want ,Need logic for automatic generation of HHNo Respective of Intv_Code

Regards
Rajesh
Attachments
Test Survey.zip
(77.35 KiB) Downloaded 738 times
josh

Post by josh »

It seems like CSPro doesn't like it if you set the value of the LATITUDE field from a userbar button while you are in that field. It works fine if I call the GetGPS() function directly from the preproc of LATITUDE or if I create and use the userbar button in a different field. How about if instead of using the userbar you just use errmsg to prompt the user that they are about to take the GPS reading and need to get to a place where the view of the sky is not obstructed:

Code: Select all

PROC LATITUDE
preproc

errmsg("Please take a GPS reading. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky"), select("OK",continue);
GetGPS();
If you really want the userbar button then create a dummy GPS field before LATITUDE, create the userbar button there and make LATITUDE and LONGITUDE protected.
tvr557

Post by tvr557 »

I am Getting Eror Code (-27) UNabe to read GPS Corrdinates
josh

Post by josh »

Does the message pop up saying "Obtaining GPS location" or do you get the error right away?

Make sure that GPS is enabled in you Android settings. On my tablet this is under Settings-->Location Services-->Use GPS satellites. Also make sure that you have unobstructed view of the sky. It usually won't work if you are inside.