Deploy Application

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
shafique arif

Deploy Application

Post by shafique arif »

Dear Josh
I tried to use 'Deploy Application' via dropbox in CSEntry v7.1 beta (Released on Feb 8 2018) which was successful. However, when I made few changes to some of the lookup files and wanted to sync/refresh on phone (Samsung Galaxy 4, Android v 5.0.1, CSEntry 7.1 beta), CSEntry just stops. Let me explain: I open CSEntry, click menu -> 'Add Application' -> 'Dropbox'. As soon as I tick 'Dropbox', CSEntry stops and I get an error message 'Unfortunately, CSEntry has stopped'.
Just to add, when I delete folder from phone and repeat the procedure, It works fine but does not work, if folder is there. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Regards
josh

Re: Deploy Application

Post by josh »

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Seems like a bug in CSEntry. When you get the message that CSEntry has stopped please choose to send the crash report.
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Thanks Josh swift action. Sync.log is attached.
Attachments
sync.log
crash report
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 400 times
josh

Post by josh »

Thanks for the log. Actually I was looking for the crash report that you send to Google. It looks like you sent that already. I see a crash from Samsung S4 with Android 5 that is probably yours. We will look into it.
shafique arif

Post by shafique arif »

Hi Josh. 'Deploy application' is working now with the CSEntry release on Mar 2nd, 2018. thanks
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Josh,
I'm also testing the latest beta: Csweb migration script, Csdeploy.
And All Are correct with Csdeploy and others. Now, we can also update application. Great and Genius!
Best regards
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Yass

Post by Yass »

Hi,

Please how do you use the Deploy tool to update a program. My understanding of the Deploy tool is to have the Survey application
folder with all files placed on the android device.

How is it possible , let say I want to update my external files and .pen file... Thought you such with sync. I need to understand please !!
josh

Post by josh »

You can use deploy to update the the application. Deploying the same application again will overwrite the version on the server. Then have the interview go to "Add application" again and download it. It will replace the existing one.

You can also use syncfile() to update the .pen file and syncdata() to update data files as you did before the deploy tool existed if you want. Whichever you prefer.
Yass

Post by Yass »

Thanks Josh,

Let say , except my dictionary I have to update my external files and the program. After deploying ... the new application will be able to
read existing data on the interviewers device without errors coming from either idx, or log files... I am trying to understand Josh !!!
josh

Post by josh »

As long as you don't change the dictionary you should be fine. In fact if you only add new items to your dictionary at the END of the record or add new non required records you won't have problems reading existing data. It is only adding new items at the start or middle of a record that you will have trouble with existing data on the interviewer tablet.

If you are using csdb format, which you should be, there are no idx files anymore.