Excel to CSPro Dic

Discussions about tools to complement CSPro data processing
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Komin

Excel to CSPro Dic

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

Could you please share to me the way how to Creating a Dictionary From an Excel File and Excel format?

Regards,
Komin
khurshid.arshad

Re: Excel to CSPro Dic

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Komin;

Can you elaborate your question?

As I understand your question..
You will create dictionary in CSPro yourself. You can use "Excel to Cspro" option under tools to convert excel data file into text file to use it in external dictionary.

Regards,
a.
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

I want to use a tool in csrpo as i attached picture below but i did not understand the ways how to design temple in excel file.
Actually, I have 1,900 variables if i design in cspro dictionary i spent a lot of time to do it, so i want to use a tool "create cspro dictionary from excel".

Could you please share any documents or excel temple related this tool to me?

Regards,
Komin
Last edited by Komin on January 20th, 2017, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Komin,

It is very simple. Click on select excel file and then analyze worksheet to view your variable list and properties and after that press Create dictionary.
I hope it works for you.

a.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

In addition to what Arshad said, you can read the helps about this tool. They aren't complete (as you know, this is in beta), but there is a help document for "Creating a Dictionary From an Excel File." Press F1 from within the tool.
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

I am trying with GPS on my tablet on field work but the result is " GPS signal could not be acquired".
Could you please advise me the way how to capture GPS?

Regards,
Komin
Last edited by Komin on January 19th, 2017, 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

Hi Komin,

According to your gps question.
First, make sure that your android device location settings is set on: "High Accuracy" Mode.
Then, I will Add this condition to your logic:

Code: Select all

if gps(open) then
	if gps(read, 60) then
		LATITUDE = gps(latitude);
		LONGITUDE = gps(longitude);
	else
		errmsg("GPS signal could not be acquired");
	endif;
else
	errmsg("Please turn on GPS location on your device");
endif;
gps(close);
That way you will make sure first that GPS location is turn on, and then try to take the reading.

And Finally, GPS readings depend so much about, if you are inside a building, topology, mountains, device GPS (device strength and quality) each android device has different GPS device quality and so on. So try to take the GPS readings not indoor of a building. Insted, take it outdoor, and try not to have so much trees around, mountains or whatever things that could affect GPS signal.

At least that is about the experiences I been had with GPS readings, on my surveys I always take GPS readings, and the success percent is between 90% - 95% of all surveys. There is always like 5% to 10% of surveys where my team can´t get the GPS reading due to few of the causes I listed to you.

Hope it could help you.
Regards
josh

Post by josh »

To add to Joshua's advice on GPS, all which matches exactly with what I have seen in practice. I have also seen that sometimes the first time I try to acquire a signal with a new tablet it can take longer. I have had to set the time limit to even higher than a minute for the first reading. Then for subsequent readings it is much faster and I can reduce the time limit.