How can I use the data I download from dropbox?

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
randy135

How can I use the data I download from dropbox?

Post by randy135 »

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to CSPro but i'm still trying to master it.
I have created a full data entry file , synchronized my sample application into android devices. I have entered a few cases and sync them to dropbox. When I check dropbox there're some files whose name are string of numbers and alphabets. I download them but they have no extension such as .csdb so my system say I can't open them.
My data entry project is small so I just want to convert the collected data file to excel. I read cs user guide many times but it's so confused to me. How can I read or manage my collected data well?
Thank you everyone :D
josh

Re: How can I use the data I download from dropbox?

Post by josh »

From the help page on Synchronization:
Once interviewers in the field have used data synchronization to upload data to the server, you can use the Data Viewer tool to download the data. When using CSWeb for data file synchronization, data is stored in a MySQL database on the server. When using either Dropbox or FTP, data will be stored on the server in a set of files in the directory CSPro/DataSync. In both cases, the data on the server cannot be opened directly by CSPro. In order to retrieve the data that has been uploaded to the server, use the Data Viewer's download function. This will download all the data on the server into a single CSPro data file that can be used by other CSPro applications and tools.