Synchronization between dropbox and android

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
juan pablo

Synchronization between dropbox and android

Post by juan pablo »

good afternoon

I have been doing surveys with the help of cspro and csentry 6.3 for android.
My way of syncing on the tablet was to enter the sync option and select the app to sync and ready.
But now with the current version of csentry I see that you can no longer.
I have read some questions with regards to the new way of synchronizing and I see that they use menus and logic for the synchronization with dropbox.

My question is this:
Can I synchronize to dropbox my survey that I have it on tablet without the need to use a menu?

If that's possible, I could share the logic please
One more thing, as I understand with this new way of synchronizing it is necessary to pass the .pen and .pff files from the computer to the usb cable tablet, It is true?
Because you can not already the previous way it was, Add new synchronization - choose dropbox - log in and then locate the folder where the .pen and .pff files were saved

I hope you can help me.
thank you very much
josh

Re: Synchronization between dropbox and android

Post by josh »

You can use the new CSPro 7 Dropbox synchronization without writing any logic. Simply select "Dropbox" in the synchronization options dialog in CSPro. Then when running CSEntry on the tablet, tap on your application to go to the case listing screen and tap on "Synchronize". After synchronizing to download the data from the Dropbox use the DataViewer tool and choose "Download" from the file menu. This will generate a single data file that combines all the cases that were uploaded to the Dropbox. With this new way of synchronizing you don't have to worry about naming data files and concatenating data files. For more info see the "Simple synchronization" in the help.

http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/sy ... imple.html

There is currently to download the application for the first time to the tablet from Dropbox. We are working on something for the next release. In the meantime you will have to copy via USB.
juan pablo

Re: Synchronization between dropbox and android

Post by juan pablo »

Dear josh

I was able to synchronize following the steps I indicated.
it is a success
Thanks a lot for your prompt response