My Apps on PC behaves differently on Android

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
gbos

My Apps on PC behaves differently on Android

Post by gbos »

Dear CSPRo Comnunity,
I was able to develop a menu for my Application which worked fine on my PC when I tested it. However, when I tested it on the android device it behaves funny. If lunched from menu on Android it won't execute Listing unless you log out which isn't the case when I tested it on my PC. The same is true for the main questionnaire application.

Also, I want it to prefill household identification particulars from the listing identification particulars. Also, I want it to lunch the menu as soon as I finished the listing. By the same token I want it to lunch the Menu as soon as I finished interviewing all modules/ Sections on the main household questionnaire. I need a rapid walk around this issues in-order to deploy the application asap.

The questions I want to ask is how do I deploy my apps on the android. Do I copy the .pen and .pff for the menu or the entire folders.

Regards,
Gbos
LBPAS1718.zip
(179.65 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
khurshid.arshad

Re: My Apps on PC behaves differently on Android

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear
Just copy your folder from deployment "LBPAS1718" and put in your tablet under csentry folder.
best.
a.
gbos

Post by gbos »

Dear Khurshid Arhad,

Once again thank you. I copied the folder from deployment but I still don't have the desired outcome. I ended up with three files. One for the menu, one for listing and the other for the main application.

I want to lunch the two apps: listing and main application from the menu application. on the PC it works but on an android device unless I first choose the application and then logout only then it executives the desired application. I don't think menus are designed to work that way.

Also, the two applications listing and the main applications, I want to return back to menu as soon as am done with them but the menu application is not behaving that way.

May be if you test it on some device you will understand my issues proper.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Gbos
josh

Post by josh »

Add the "stop" flag in your calls to execpff. For example:
execpff("Household.pff",stop);
From the help page on execpff:
On mobile devices, multiple data entry applications cannot be run simultaneously, so the function simply stores the file name of the PFF. When the mobile application returns to the Entry Applications screen, whether via user interaction or via the stop function, the passed PFF will be launched. Using stop as a flag will cause the PFF to be launched immediately.
ghislainmbep

Post by ghislainmbep »

Should work.
Kudos for this post!
Fact: True Genius is never demonstrative, often shy