execpff() function is not working

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Enkhbayar

execpff() function is not working

Post by Enkhbayar »

when I call execpff() from the menu app, it works from the PC, but doesn't work from the android. actually it generate the pff then the app crashes. does anyone know how to solve it?cspro version is 7.0.2 (win and android)
Last edited by Enkhbayar on November 7th, 2017, 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enkhbayar

Re: execpff() function is not working

Post by Enkhbayar »

found the issue.

problem is on the android version. execpff() function fails on android ver: 7.0, but works on the 5.1 and 6.0.

is it possible to fix it on v7.0
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Enkhbayar;

I am using 7.0.2 android version (Release Date 29 June 2017) and execpff() function is working fine.

Best.
a.
josh

Post by josh »

We use execpff on Android all the time with version 7 with no problems. Make sure the paths are correct on Android - sometimes you may have a directory that exists on Windows but doesn't exist on Android. Not just the path to the application but also to any data files the application uses.

Also make sure that you have created a pen file for the application you are launching from the pff. On Android you have to have a pen file. On Windows you can run an ent file.

Finally try launching the app you are running via execpff on Android directly without the execpff to see if there any problems with that.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply. if you saw my second post, the app work perfect with android v5-6 without any change. I sent the app to cspro@lists.census.gov , if possible please check the app. thanks.
josh wrote:We use execpff on Android all the time with version 7 with no problems. Make sure the paths are correct on Android - sometimes you may have a directory that exists on Windows but doesn't exist on Android. Not just the path to the application but also to any data files the application uses.

Also make sure that you have created a pen file for the application you are launching from the pff. On Android you have to have a pen file. On Windows you can run an ent file.

Finally try launching the app you are running via execpff on Android directly without the execpff to see if there any problems with that.