Very dangerous problem with the function find on android when the dictionnary is the input_dict

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
thierryt

Very dangerous problem with the function find on android when the dictionnary is the input_dict

Post by thierryt »

Very dangerous problem with the function find on android when the dictionnary is the input_dict : find (input_dict,=,keystring).
Hi all,
I faced a problem last time and i shared it on the forum ENTRY the subject of that post was « Cspro reset my inputData each time i run .pff on android, why ? »
Finally i saw that the problem was the using of function find in the input dictionnary.
If you have two .pff : menu.pff and survey.pff,
You run menu.pff to fill informations to generate the survey.pff.
If on the survey.ent, you use a code like
Find(survey_dict,=,keystring),
When you finish to collect data and you run menu.pff with the same information, it is suppose to open the file that you have already create to continue to collect information, but, on android it erase the existing file and create an empty file.
The problem don’t occur on windows.
when i delete the line of program containing Find(survey_dict,=,keystring), the data file is not delete, and when i activate that line, the data file is deleted. i can conclude that it is the fact to find in the input dict who is not well manage in android.
So, please look that function Find very well for the next version of Cspro !
Thanks.
Gregory Martin

Re: Very dangerous problem with the function find on android when the dictionnary is the input_dict

Post by Gregory Martin »

Can you send your application to cspro@lists.census.gov? I haven't noticed any other problems with the find function, so I would like to see all of your code and how the data files are being accessed.

If what you say is true, then we definitely need to fix find before we release CSPro 7.0.
thierryt

Re: Very dangerous problem with the function find on android when the dictionnary is the input_dict

Post by thierryt »

Hi Martin,
Ok, i will send you the application in few minutes.
I also discover that there is also a problem with that function find in windows :
Data file is not deleted, but all the cases are marked with red cross like partialsave evenif the questionnaire is complete (normally case must be yellow)
thierryt

Post by thierryt »

Hi Martin,
i just sent the application, please confirm if you receive,
thanks
thierryt

Post by thierryt »

i forgot to indicate you that to run the application you have only one .pff file named MENU.pff in the folder ENTRY.