Capture through a roster

Discussions about CSEntry
SKARA

Capture through a roster

Post by SKARA »

Capture through a roster
Dear all,
With a roster how can I do to enter first, all data for each Item before going in following.
khurshid.arshad

Re: Capture through a roster

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear,
Can you explain your question with example. Your question is not clear.
a.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Indeed, it is not clear what you are asking.

If you are asking how to finish entering data for a roster, there are two common ways to do this:

1) In operator-controlled mode, the keyer presses Control + / to end the roster.

2) In system-controlled mode, you use the endgroup statement to end entry.
SKARA

Post by SKARA »

Dear all,

Kindly found attached an example for my request. It has following items "PRESENCE", "PRICE" and "STOCK".
For data entry system control mode, by default the focus goes through lines, but I need this done through column. That is to say, first I want to enter all products codes in item "presence." Once completed, I turn to the price of these products finally the stock.
To get it I enabled the roster proprité "Free movement" = Vertical but a data input error message appears. I need help to overcome it.

Regads,
KARABENTA.
SKARA

Post by SKARA »

Dear all,

Kindly found attached an example for my request. It has following items "PRESENCE", "PRICE" and "STOCK".
For data entry system control mode, by default the focus goes through lines, but I need this done through column. That is to say, first I want to enter all products codes in item "presence." Once completed, I turn to the price of these products finally the stock.
To get it I enabled the roster proprité "Free movement" = Vertical but a data input error message appears. I need help to overcome it.

Regads,
KARABENTA.
PRODUCT.zip
EXMPLE/SKARA
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

System controlled mode requires a path that can be traced backwards and forwards, something that the free movement property does not necessarily obey. You are getting error messages because moving from PRESENCE row 1 to PRESENCE row 2 requires PRICE and STOCK to be entered.

To accomplish your task, you can either write complicated logic to control the order of data entry, or you may just want to split your roster into three rosters on the same form. If you position the rosters closely to each other, they will almost look like they are simply one roster.
SKARA

Post by SKARA »

Thank a lot for the answer.
Exactly, I would not create more roster in order to avoid too much formatting, but now I see that it is the only suitable option left to me.

Regards,
KARABENTA