Roster

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
vanndy

Roster

Post by vanndy »

Hello,

I have one question. I have one field (HH9) which record number of household members and a roster which has detail of each member. I want to put a logic in roster that show a listing depending on number of household members. I have attached the image file for referring.

Thanks,
Vanndy
Attachments
HH.png
HH.png (107.53 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
pierrew

Re: Roster

Post by pierrew »

Hello Vanndy,
I am not too sure on what you want the piece of code to do but me try to take a crack at it.
So, if you want the roster to end and skip to the next item outside the roster based on the number of contained within HH9 then use this piece of code.

Code: Select all

PROC HL21
postproc
   if HH9 = curocc() then
      endgroup;
   endif;
I hope this helps. If this is not what you are looking for, explain what you want he code to do.
vanndy

Post by vanndy »

Hello Pierrew,

Yes, It's help in this way. However I want to use another way by using loop to count base on the number of HH9 to show in the roster, and for the HL1 will be displayed those sequence number automatically and HL1 will be used property "Protected" prevent touching from data entry. I try to use it but it doesn't work. How can we do this?

Thanks,
Vanndy
pierrew

Post by pierrew »

If you want to protect the data item field to prevent your data entry operators from modifying the numbering sequence make sure that your valuesets for HL1 are complete. (crashing problems)
With that being said, there are two ways to auto number HL1. The easiest is to use auto numbering in the Field Properties (right click over the item field) ans select Sequential and Protected. The other option is to use this code.

Code: Select all

PROC HL2
onfocus
   HL1 = curocc();
By using the code above, HL1 will only get assigned a number if the active field is HL2 such as clicking into HL2 at any occurrence. So if your data entry operator is on the 5th occurrence of HL2 then HL1 will get assigned a numeric value of "5" at the 5th row.

Cheers!