problems with PDA

Discussions about CSEntry
Anne

problems with PDA

Post by Anne »

Hello,
I have a weird problem with my application that we use on PDAs. It still works fine on my computer, but when trying to run it in the PDA, I get the error message "Error occuring in file myApp.ent for reading". After clicking "ok" it says: "Application open internal error". Next error message is "Application load failed myApp.ent", and finally "the file myApp.pff was NOT opened properly".

To find out about the problems, we have stripped the application down to only have a few items, and we have deleted the pff file and generated a new etc. Also we have compared the ent-file with one that works, and it does seem to be OK..

We suspect the problem started when we accidentically opened the application in CSPro 5 and had to convert it back to CSpro 4.1.

Anybody knows what the problem might be? Attaching the application in case anybody wants to have a look at it.

Anne
Attachments
SARA-CSPro-minimal.zip
(78.02 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Maria

Re: problems with PDA

Post by Maria »

Hello:
I work with use on PDA and I commented that serves no version 5 of CSPro, something similar happened to me.
I recommend you to take the CSPro 5 and install the 4.1 version back and compile the program again with this version.
Greetings Maria
Anne

Post by Anne »

Thank you for taking the time helping me, Maria, but we have already done this.

We have also made a "minimal version" containing basically nothing (which I posted earlier), and it still does not work. Also: Like I said: compared the .ent and .pff files to check if some options set when it was opened in version 5 was still there (It was, and we removed them. Still did not work)

Any other suggestions?

Anne
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

This won't be the most complete answer (but since we're no longer developing for the PDAs I'm not going to go into the code to see why this is the case), but the problem is with your file name. If you save your application as something like ZZZ and create a .enc from that application, it will work on the PDA. I'm guessing that the _2.0_ is causing problems, most likely the period in particular.